Johnson County is currently seeking applications for Purchasing Administrator
- Process bidding documents including Invitation for Bid (IFB) and Request for Proposal (RFP); Research and determine competitive specifications, scope of services, appropriate special terms and conditions and appropriate bid sheets; Establish and maintain appropriate working relationship with County departments, agencies and vendors; Coordinate document reviews with Legal department and Risk Management to insure compliance with statutes, policies and procedures of Federal, State and local entities; Lead public IFB/RFP openings for goods, services and construction projects; Prepare recommendation of award to BOCC.
- Work closely with all user departments in a professional manner; Prioritize and schedule projects as required in order to meet the user department needs; Work continuously with staff to improve procurement methods and purchasing procedures; Advise departments of contract rights and obligations by contacting departmental personnel to facilitate contract compliance and provide methods of contract review.
- Process automated purchase order information, verifying for completeness and accuracy; Input and maintain contract information in County computer system; Request Bonds, Certificates of Insurance and Tax Exemption Certificates as necessary or required; Approve purchase requisitions and distribute purchase orders.
- Negotiate with vendors to achieve objectives of Purchasing; obtain right material/services, quantity, time/place, source, service and price.
- Establish and maintain term and supply contracts for County-wide and departmental utilization; Manage contract administration, i.e.; vendor price adjustment requests, vendor contract compliance issues; Work with user departments to review supplier performance prior to term and supply contract renewals.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
An Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Material Management, or closely related field is required. Two years of purchasing and procurement experience is required. A valid driver’s license and good driving record are also required.
A CPPB or CPPO professional certification is preferred.
Experience can substitute for education and education can substitute for experience.
Applicants must go to: https://www.jocogov.org/dept/human-resources/careers/career-opportunities